The Global Health, Public Health and Medical Spanish course targets university student and professionals who seek an intensive academic and hands-on experience looking at public health and community health in Peru. Students will participate in multidisciplinary coursework and field visits, which will help deepen understanding into the barriers and opportunities in vulnerable communities´ access to health care. In Medical Spanish, students will learn vocabulary and tools for effective communication in the health sector, enabling them to conduct a patient interview in Spanish.
- Location: Lima
- Term: Summer (May 20, 2019 – June 20, 2019)
- Language of instruction: English
- Language prerequisite: Intermediate Spanish
- Credits: 7
- Contact hours: 112 academic hours
- Cost: $2,310
- Only Global and Public Health (4 credits): $1,320
- Only Medical Spanish (3 credits): $990
- Application deadline: April 19, 2019
Requests for sample syllabi can be made to the Program Manager through Contact Us.